Sunday, March 11, 2012

Anybody over 35 years of age, and I'm in that demographic by a safe margin, spends a considerable amount of time complaining about the lack of common courtesy and civility in society today.  Especially compared to how it was in the "good old days."  If and when I'm elected "decider," as George W. would say, all of the following would be punishable by at least a $250.00 fine.  We could write each other tickets the way the police give traffic violations.  The following is an incomplete list, please feel free to add your own in the comment section:
  • If you are waiting to make a turn into oncoming traffic and I let you go, knowing you'd be there 10 minutes without my help (at least here in MA), and you don't give me the thank you wave, I have the lawful right to follow you and write you up for a "no courtesy ticket." Rude, rude, rude.
  • If you are working a cash register and I say, "how are you," and you don't respond or even if you say, "fine" without asking me how I am, you are being rude and need to be punished.
  • If you ask your cute, smart, precious 3 year old which of the 37 types of donuts he or she wants while 12 people are waiting behind you to order their morning coffee, rather than having the common sense to give them two choices; you must buy coffee and bagels for everyone in line behind you.  I don't care if the kid's going to grow up to be Bill Gates, at that age they need LIMITED choices; especially where caffeine is involved.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had the time to write more. A lot of things are rattling around in my head and they need to get out.

    ReplyDelete